Part-time Production Assistant | San Francisco, CA
start date: mid-April 2017
We are looking for an enthusiastic production assistant to join our small team. We're looking for a 6 month commitment, with potential to grow. We make carefully handcrafted wood products for vinyl lovers and music collectors. We’re looking for a problem-solver with a great attitude, who likes working with their hands. Interest in music, vinyl collecting and hifi is a big bonus, but not required.
This job is part in-studio production assistant and part remote administrative assistant. This job is ideal for someone building their own design/art practice, or someone wants to add some production experience to their arsenal of skills. If you are organized and and enjoy physical tasks related production and assembly (ie you don't mind repetitive work) this job is for you!
We want to work with someone who is proactive and flexible, doesn't mind getting their hands dirty and is able to stay on task and communicate clearly with our team in person and by email.
This position is within a busy wood working and production studio (not an office), and requires some experience with woodworking and power tools. Production takes place in Bayview neighborhood of San Francisco*, Mon- Fri from10-6PM in 4-5 hour shifts. In the studio you’ll help by preparing wood for pre-production and post-production. You must be able to lift 30+lbs comfortably. Training on all tasks will be provided. Tasks include:
- Prepping wood for laser-cutting (taping, cutting and moving large sheets of wood)
- Sanding and cleaning products post laser-cutting
- Inspecting products for quality
- Packaging products (assembling boxes, alphabetizing and packing products)
- Order fulfillment and shipping (reading order sheets, assembling orders and prepping for shipment )
We need some administrative help as well, these hours are flexible and can be performed remotely on your own schedule. This portion of the position requires your own laptop as well as excellent email etiquette and communication skills. These tasks may include:
- Writing and formatting blog posts
- Industry research (researching record labels, record shops and hifi retailers)
- Data entry in Google Docs
- Prepping marketing material, running errands to post office
$18 per hr // 10 hours a week // Flexible hours // 6 month commitment // potential for raise after 4 months based on performance
- Experience using table saw, orbital sander and/or other power tools
- Desire to work in a studio environment and to be “hands on”
- Must be 18 or over
- Must be able to lift 30+ lbs comfortably and do a variety of physical tasks
- Be able to submit to and pass a criminal background check
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Google Sheets (very similar to Excel)
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
EXTRA: (nice but not required)
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Retail sales experience
- Social Media/marketing experience
*Candidate must arrange own transportation to and from production location in SF Bayview neighborhood. The production space is a short walk away from 24 Muni line. The space is reachable by car (unmetered street parking available) or by bike, it is about a 15 minute flat bike ride from the nearest BART station.
Take a good look at our website + products before applying. Please review the job overview and requirements carefully. Please email hello [at] katekoeppel.com with the subject: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT Please email your resume with at least 2 job references and contact info. Introduce yourself - tell us why you want to work with us, and what kind of music you like. Any applications that have not followed our requested format will be ignored.